Saturday, October 1, 2016

Happy Birthday to Deadly Reads Radio!


I cannot believe it has already been a year since we started Deadly Reads Radio - Journey into the Night.  When the crazy idea popped into my head to do a Blog Talk Radio show with my fellow Deadly Reads Author, Lisa Vandiver, I never thought it would blossom into the wonderful show it has become.  We started out last October with no idea of what we were doing, and I must confess that both of us were scared to death.  We stumbled our way through our first show with Award-Winning Paranormal Author Ica Iova, but somehow it turned out to be a fun show.  When I think of how much we've grown as hosts since then, it makes me proud.

Over this past year, we have had some of the most interesting guests join us each week.  We've interviewed Authors of all genres, some of the top Romance Novel Cover Models in the industry, Actors, Actresses, Directors, Producers, Screenwriters, Filmmakers, Musicians, and Promoters.  We've had the honor of interviewing those just starting out in their careers, to those who have achieved the height of theirs.  We've met some of the most interesting people in the Publishing and Entertainment Industries, and we look forward to bringing more shows for our listener's enjoyment each Thursday evening.  As an added feature for our listeners, each week, I add the recorded show to our Deadly Reads YouTube Channel.

We've also done awareness shows on The Essure Birth Control Device.  These shows were quite emotional as women called into the show and shared their stories of how Essure has changed their lives.  I have to admit that I cried several times as the women shared with us of how this horrible form of Birth Control has destroyed their health.  I'm currently creating videos of these shows to add to the Deadly Reads YouTube Channel.

If you haven't listened to our show, I invite you to check us out.  We are on LIVE each Thursday evening for 1 hour starting at 9 pm central (10 eastern, 8 mountain, or 7 pacific).  We started out doing 2-hour shows but found that to be too long to ask people to give of their time.  Our special shows, like the Essure shows, are on Tuesday evenings and are announced in advance.

We have a fun month planned for the Birthday celebration, so I hope you'll join us.  You can go to this LINK to see our list of exciting guests for October.

No comments:

Post a Comment