Friday, June 3, 2016

The Red Dot Club - A review from a cop's Mom


I recently had the honor of interviewing True Crime Author, Former LA Detective, and Investigator at the City of Los Angeles Robert Rangel on Deadly Reads Radio about his book, The Red Dot Club.  For those of you who do not know that the Red Dot Club is, it's members are part of an elite group of Law Enforcment Officers.  The reason I say it's an elite group is because you have to have been shot in the line of duty and survived.

As the mother of a Police Officer, I must confess when Robert asked me to read his book before the show I wasn't sure of what to expect.  But I have to say I'm so glad I did.  The Red Dot Club is non-fiction, so each story told are true and told in the words of those who lived it.  Robert sat down with each person and allowed them to tell their story, and then shared it with his readers in a way that will stick with me for the rest of my life.


As each story unfolded, I found myself lost in a roller coaster of emotions.  I can't begin to explain how amazing each person is in this book and how they somehow managed to survive their horrible ordeal.  You will find yourself crying, angry, holding your breath, shocked, and even laughing at times, as you turn the pages of this amazing book.  I highly recomment The Red Dot Club and I feel it needs to get out to the masses.  

Far too many people don't understand what those in Blue face each and everyday while they are working on the streets.  There are some bad people out there, and our Police Officers are the only barrier between them and us.

You can find more about Robert Rangel and The Red Dot Club on - 
Facebook     Website    The Red Dot Club on Amazon   

You can also listen to our 2 night interview with Robert on Deadly Reads Radio.  We even had a few of the officers showcased in the book call in.  
May 19, 2016   May 20, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment