Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Texas Strong

Well, it looks like Harvey is FINALLY leaving Texas. I cannot believe all the destruction it has left behind since first making landfall. As I watch the news reports of all the flooding, I cannot help but cry at all the loss. Last night, Harvey hit our little corner of Texas with full force. My husband and I stayed up into the wee hours of the morning watching the rescues of those facing the water flooding into their homes.

I cannot begin to say how proud I am of the first responders from the Federal level all the way down to the city level, as well as private individuals. Watching the military helicopters pulling stranded people up to safety, and the police officers going around their communities in dump trucks picking up people and taking them to safety has made my heart burst with pride. Then watching the average citizens who have come with their boats and ski-doos and spent long, hard hours of going up and down the flooded streets, getting people and pets to safety has restored my faith in my fellow Americans.

We are still in a flash flood warning until 4:30 am, Thursday morning, but after that, we are supposed to have several days of sunshine. Once Harvey is officially gone, the work of cleaning up and rebuilding begins. I know Texans will be up to the task because Texans don't know how to give up.

Thank you all for your prayers and God Bless Texas.





No comments:

Post a Comment