Thursday, May 25, 2017

I did it!


I can't believe I FINALLY finished writing Heart Ties.  This book has sat on the sidelines for far too long, while other projects took its place.  Last night as I typed the final paragraph, I not only felt a sense of pride for completing another book, but also excitement.  When I had first sat at my desk and typed the opening words of this wonderful story all those years ago, I knew this would be a book that would touch the hearts of those who read it.  So, realizing it was far overdue to clean out my 'Books to be Finished' folder, I chose Heart Ties first.  I must admit that I'm glad I did.

It's now in the editing process, getting its polish and shine.  I look forward to offering this wonderful story of Eternal Love to readers everywhere and I hope they will enjoy reading it as I did writing it.

Here's a little tease from the unedited copy - 

“Mommy, I didn’t mean to do it! I didn’t want to die!” Six-year-old Shane bolted upright in his bed, tears flowing down his cheeks and soaked with sweat.

“You’re alright, baby. Mommy’s here,” Patricia sat next to Shane who was trembling with fear. “Did you have the bad dream again?”

“Yes; I was flying in the airplane, and it crashed into the water. I tried to stop it, but I couldn’t,” Shane whimpered, hugging his pillow. “Mommy, why did I have to die? I wanted to go home, but I died in the water. She was waiting for me to come home, but I couldn't do it.”

Patricia was at a loss for words. Shane seemed to have this same dream at least twice a month, and she had no idea how to stop them. Patricia clearly remembered the first time he had the dream. He was three years old and had awakened screaming, NO over and over. Once she had calmed him down, he told her of how the water was cold and dark. He told her how he had tried to escape, but the water was all around him.

"I was mad, Mommy. I died. She would be sad because I broke my promise."

2 comments: