Thursday, May 29, 2014

What I've been up to lately

As many of you may know I started a little business venture called Deadly Reads the end of last year.  When I first came up with the idea, I had grand plans for it, but after time reality set in and I knew what Deadly Reads was meant to be... a way for new authors to find the help they need to realize their dream of self publishing.

When I published my first book, Next Move, You're Dead back in March of 2011, I had NO idea what I was doing. I foolishly thought that you only needed to write a book, and the rest would somehow fall into place.  Boy, was I clueless!

I had no idea just how complicated self publishing could be to someone who did not understand the process of preparing a book for publishing, let alone all of the work to come once the book went LIVE on Amazon. As a first time author, I ran into numerous people wanting to help me get my book prepared for publishing.  The only problem was I would have cleaned out my life's savings, and had to offer up my first born to pay for their reasonable fees. Then of course, there are those companies who will do all the work for you, but will take the majority of the earnings from YOUR books. I don't know about you, but if you don't at least see a slim profit from all the work and sweat you put into writing your books, then it's just an expensive hobby.  While I love to write, I would still like to make some money for my effort. I don't think that's asking for too much.

Well this is where Deadly Reads Author services comes into play.  With the understanding that most people do not have endless funds to prepare their book for publishing, I have gathered together some talented people to help those wanting to join the thousands of other Indie Authors, who enjoy the freedom of self-publishing. We will be offering editing, proofreading, formatting for ebook and print, book cover design, book trailer creation, as well as other exciting features at a price with will NOT break the bank.

Another feature we will be offering is our Mentoring Program.  This is a membership program where you will have someone at your side as you take your first steps in self-publishing, or if you are already published and just tired of going it alone.

If you are interested in seeing what Deadly Reads has to offer, drop by our website for more information.









No comments:

Post a Comment