Saturday, April 29, 2017

Made Me Smile


As authors, we often wonder what kind of reach we've accomplished with all the different social media we have at our fingertips today.  In the pursuit of reaching readers, we've all started our Facebook Pages, Twitter accounts, Instagram, Pinterest, and several others.  We then get a website and/or blog.  When I think of all the different options we have to reach readers today, it's quite overwhelming.

When I sat down all those years ago and began writing my debut novel, I never realized how there was more to being an author than just writing stories.  I had the foolish idea that I would write the next Bestselling Novel and publishing companies would fall all over themselves to sign me as their next STAR...boy, was I wrong.  After receiving a few letters stating that my book didn't follow the "rules" of its genre, I decided to go the Independent Author route.  I'd never heard of Indie Authors. Heck, I had no idea one could publish their own work on sites such as Amazon and Smashwords.

So, after hiring an editor, a formatter, and having a great cover made; I was ready to jump into the cold waters of publishing.  I must admit at first I was completely lost.  However, over time I met some of the nicest people on Facebook who had already published their books and figured out how to avoid most of the landmines of being self-published.  It's a wonderful community of Independent Authors.  They go out of their way to help each other and are willing to share ideas that have worked for them.

Now, what brings me to this post today?  I've never been much of a blogger.  I have high ambitions to keep it active and full of entertaining posts, but I seem to always find myself busy with other projects.  When I came on here today, I had plans to write a post on a different subject.  However, after checking the blog's stats, I knew what I wanted to say.....THANK YOU.

Seeing the number of views and all the different countries everyone is from has brought a huge smile to my face.  Here is the list of countries where people are from who have read my little blog - United States, Slovakia, Germany, France, Isreal, Canada, Japan, and Portugal.  Isn't that amazing?  I cannot begin to say how humbled I feel.

Now, I'm not going to promise to post daily or even weekly.  I am, though, going to try to do better.  Who knows, maybe over time, I'll get the hang of this blogging stuff and have posts that will be worth the time you've given me.

Thank you again!

I invite you to follow me on my other social media  Facebook  Twitter  Website 



No comments:

Post a Comment