Monday, June 26, 2017

To write or not to write


Just keep writing... only if it were that easy.  I have spoken to other writers who claim they face this same issue from time to time.  We come up with a wonderful idea for a story, we begin working on the plotline, creating a new world for the characters, and may even get a good distance into the story, and then something unthinkable happens... we run into a hundred foot wall.  No matter how many times we go over our notes, reread what we've written so far, NOTHING seems to come to mind on how to continue.  So we do the one thing that drives us all crazy.  We set our wonderful new story aside and wait for something to flood into our minds so we can continue.

The only problem with doing this is most of us have far too many unfinished books waiting for us to open the file, continue writing, and eventually publish.  I am trapped in this quandary at this time.  I was working on my paranormal thriller, 4 and going along at a good pace.  Then it happened.  My mind went blank and the characters stopped talking.  I had started this story a couple of years ago, but for some reason, I can't seem to get it finished.  I love the story and those who have read parts of it say it's great, so why can't I seem to stay focused on it?  I was finally able to finish Heart Tires and get it published.  I was so pleased with how it turned out.  I made it a perma-free novella, so I invite you to go grab a copy if you haven't already.

Here is where I stand at this moment.  I have my paranormal thriller, 4 and the second installment of the Dragon's Blood Key waiting to be finished and published.  Both are great stories and deserve my best effort.  However, I can't seem to focus on them and give them the love they deserve. I know it will happen. I just hope it's sooner than later.

I'm sure those who spend their days stressing over their masterpiece know where I'm coming from.  I'm sure readers just want us to finish our stories so they can enjoy them.  However, sometimes writers find themselves stuck and unable to continue until their inner voices guide them.  Yeah, I know, it sounds crazy, but that's how it goes in the mind of a writer. LOL

I want to thank you for reading my ramblings and I hope you will follow me on here and my other social media.  Wishing you a wonderful day, and happy writing and reading.

You can find Heart Ties on:
Amazon & iTunes  (This link works for ALL Amazon & iTunes stores.)

I also invite you to follow me on Facebook and Twitter 









  

No comments:

Post a Comment