Monday, January 2, 2017

Happy New Year!


Wow, I cannot believe that 2016 is behind us.  Where did it go?  I'm sure most of you are feeling the same way and are wondering what 2017 has in store for us. LOL

As 2016 came to an end, I did some soul-searching about what I wanted the coming year to be for me as a wife, mother, and grandmother.  I'm so blessed to have a loving family, who are supportive of my crazy quirks, as well as the time I devote to my writing and everything it entails. However, I need to remember not to get so wrapped up in my writing, that I forget to live.  So, as far as a new year resolution, that is one I plan to work on.  While I love my writing, it's easy to get lost in that world. I do believe that I need to budget my time better and actually live my life more, not hidden behind a keyboard.

Now, as far as to my writing career in 2017, I plan to finish the huge editing project I've been working on for most of 2016.  When I took on this project I had no idea how much of my time it would take.  It's the debut publication for an author, so it had some issues.  Writing a trilogy for a debut project was quite daring, but I must say, it's a great story and I believe it will be a success with the reading public.  If you are a fan of Military Thrillers, I'm sure you'll enjoy this offering from first-time Author G.N. Kenyon on Amazon.

I also have some great books of my own to finish writing.  I often speak of "the voices", so I'm going to blame them for my partially written books.  Nothing is worse than to be plugging along on a great story and suddenly "the voices" go completely quiet.  Or, be working on one story and the characters from another decided they want some attention.  If I were to say this to a mental health person, they would probably want to send me to a padded room with a fancy new jacket that ties in the back. LOL

One of the books I need to finish is my Paranormal Thriller - 4.  I'm probably at least 2/3 of the way through it, but for some reason, I keep getting pulled away from it.  I'm not sure why, but I guess the characters are still working out the exciting ending.  Yes, I said it.  I believe it's the character who tell the story.  I'm just the means to get their stories on the printed page.  4 is a wonderfully dark and twisted story.  Imagine a vengeful spirit destroying the lives of the descendants of the man who killed his family over 200 years ago.  I must say I've had fun writing this story and look forward to getting it finished.  It's loaded with all the twists and turns my fans have come to expect from my work, so I promise you won't be disappointed.  I just hope the characters wake up and start talking soon.

Another book I need to finish the next installment of The Dragon's Blood Key.  Book 1 was my first attempt at writing YA Fantasy.  It was something I never thought I would do, but sometimes the characters give a writer no choice.  For those of you who don't know how The Dragon's Blood Key came to be, one morning I awoke with a story burning in my mind.  I was possessed, unable to do anything other than put the story down in the written word.  I've had a story take control of my thoughts, but never like The Dragon's Blood key did.  I couldn't sleep, I barely ate, but 2 weeks later, it was off to the editor.  I must admit that I was surprised to see the direction the story went. Cassy, the heroine, finds herself caught up in an ancient struggle against a power of pure evil in a far off realm. As her quest unfolds, she soon learns her life will never be the same again.  She also learns that heroes come in all forms.  In book 2, Cassy finds herself pulled back to Walandra to face the Evil Queen again and save those she loves from a horrible fate.  You can find book 1 on Amazon.

I'm not sure which of these stories I will work on first, but either way, I'm sure you'll enjoy the finished product.  Hopefully, no other "voices" will pull me in a completely different direction, but who knows?  Sometimes, it's just best to surrender to their desires and let the story write itself.

Another fun project I'm doing is a weekly Blog Talk Radio show.  Deadly Reads Radio - Journey into the Night has been a learning experience and a pure delight.  Lisa Vandiver and I have met so many wonderful people since our debut show October 2015, and we plan to continue bringing our listeners a quality show for their enjoyment.  Beginning January 19, 2017, our shows will be dropped to 30 minutes.  With everyone's schedules, we decided it would be best to go to a half hour show.  We figured if a sitcom can do it, why can't we? I guess our guests like the idea too because we're already booked well into February. LOL  You can listen to our live shows on Deadly Reads Radio, or our past shows on our YouTube Channel.

I hope this post finds you excited for this new year and all its promise.   Happy New Year, and may ALL your dreams come true.






No comments:

Post a Comment