Monday, December 5, 2016

My Favorite Time of the Year


As we enter this joyous time of the year, our minds often fill with memories of Christmases long ago.  The happy memories of baking our favorite Christmas treats, preparing gift baskets for the less fortunate and opening our front door to see carolers singing our favorite Christmas songs. The treasured memories of Christmas mornings when we gathered together as a family around the Christmas Tree and watched the joy on everyone's face as they opened their brightly decorated packages.  Christmas is a magical time.  Sharing our love with others and reaching out to those in need.

As I write this post, our Christmas Tree is shining brightly, filling my heart with those treasured memories.  When I close my eyes, I see my mother busily preparing all the treats we came to expect each Christmas.  My mother always went all out for Christmas.  During the month of December, if you came to our house you'd find your favorite Christmas treats placed on crystal serving plates, waiting for you to enjoy.  The house was always festively decorated and she always made sure Christmas music was playing in the background during the day, and at night we would watch the same Christmas shows we had watched the year before... and yes, I often cried.

These memories are what inspired my Novella, Saying Goodbye: The Christmas Gift.  I poured my heart and soul into the story as I came to terms with painful issues in my life.  So often we bury the pain we feel over events in our lives. So much so that we allow them to keep us from truly enjoying the precious gifts life has waiting for us.  Writing this fictional story allowed me to put to rest some issues in my own life.  I hope it touches your heart and allows you to do the same.

Saying Goodbye: The Christmas Gift is no a story of loss.  It's a story of hope and love.




Available on Amazon for only 99 cents
and with Kindle Unlimited




No comments:

Post a Comment